Sunday, October 17, 2010

End Week Three


So, finally I get around to returning to the blog. It's been a rough week all around, and not just because I was feeling down about the diet. There's just a lot of stuff going on at the moment, between work, family and exams, so...the temptation to stray is strong, though fortunately I haven't. I did go against what I had said earlier last week, where I wasn't going to weigh again until the end of week four, which is a week from now. I weighed today just because I had to know. My weight was about 76.4kg, which is a decrease of 800g. It doesn't feel like a lot, but my waist went from 85-86cm of last week to a very definite 83cm this week, so that is a victory. I've also discovered most of my workclothes are becoming unsuitable, in that they are too loose and therefore I can't wear them. So...yes. Progress, even if it's not as fast as I would like.

I do wonder if I am doing anything wrong on this diet, as most people continue losing large amounts of weight in the first few weeks. Not everyone, mind you, but then I suspect a lot of it is because they've got forty or fifty kg to lose, and I've only got thirty. So, I don't know. I'd like to average at least a kilogram a week, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I can almost hope it's my cycle throwing things out here because my abdomen is aching in a horribly familiar way, ha ha ha. I don't know. But either way, it's going to be a long week and I should go do something about it.

4 comments:

  1. Are the people who tend to continue losing big men? Because it's just harder for women. Your cycle could be hindering it a bit, but more than that I'm betting it's your stress level. Even if you're not stress eating (yay for sticking with it!) I'm guessing you'll still have the elevated cortisol levels. Any chance of a calm in the coming weeks? I bet that's when you'll have one of your best weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's much chance of a release of the stress until after my last exam, which is on the second...even then, work is bound to upset me, because it always does at the moment. Still, once the exams are done I should be better. I'd suggest NaNo could be stressful, but when I get going with that it's wonderful, so...we'll see? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might prove to be a great stress reliever instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, yeah, I am looking forward to NaNo at the moment. :D

    ReplyDelete